- Grab the futon firmly and pull it out away from any walls in the room. If you are worried about scratching the floor, have a friend help you lift the futon back away from the wall.
- Search for the positioning handle on the futon. On most futons, this handle is labeled with directions for unfolding. It's under the front seat on many models.
- Squeeze the handle to disengage the lock and lift upward.
- Slowly walk backward as the futon unfolds and set the legs of the futon gently down on the floor. The futon is now flattened and ready for use.
How to Flatten a Futon
A futon has dual uses as both a couch and a bed. Because of these uses, it has a folding frame that allows it lay flat when in use as a bed. If you are having trouble getting your futon configured, a few basic steps will help you unfold it. Thankfully for those uninitiated with futons, this process is simple and quick.
- How to Get Marker Out of Fabric
- How to Adjust the Height on a Steelcase Chair
- How to Remove a Musty Smell From the Couch
- How to Clean a Sofa Bed
- What Is the Difference in a Futon & a Japanese Futon Mattress?
- Is Natural Rubber Latex in Mattresses Safe?
- How to Wax School Floors
- Most Comfortable Bar Stools
- What Is a Chaise Recliner?
- How Do I Clean a Mattress With White Vingar?
- How to Keep Pillows From Sliding Off My Leather Sofa
- How to Remove Marking Pen Ink Stains From Fabric
- How to Buy a Floor Model Mattress
- Sleep Number 7000 Directions