- Grab the tilt rod and pull it to move the blind slats across the headrail track. Keep moving the rod until the blinds shut.
- Twist the tilt rod until the slats in the blind shut. It doesn't matter which way you twist the rod. If your vertical blinds close using a draw string, go to Step 3.
- Grab the draw string and pull up or down on it until the blind slats shut.
- Grab the lift cord of the blind. It's usually on the right-hand side.
- Pull the cord toward the left to unlock the mechanism that keeps the blind slats up next to the head rail. Gently slacken the cord and allow the blinds to come down. Continue providing slack until the blinds shut.
- Grab the tilt wand and twist it to the right or to the left to shut the blind slats.