- Open the latch at the bottom of the vacuum grip and insert the handle. Push firmly into place and press the latch closed.
- Push the floor nozzle into the opening located at the bottom of the dirt container. Plug the power cord into an electrical outlet and turn the power switch to "On."
- Push the vacuum back and forth over the area to be cleaned, working in overlapping sections for best results.
- Turn the vacuum "Off" when finished and unplug the power cord.
- Hold the vacuum vertically and push down on the latch located on top of the unit to release the dirt cup. Pull the dirt container out and remove the filter. Empty out the dirt and tap the filter over a waste container. Replace the container on the Bissell.
- Wash the filter periodically with warm water and a few drops of dishwashing liquid. Rinse well and dry completely before placing the filter back in the dirt cup.
- Release the latch on the handle and pull it out of the vacuum. Push the latch closed.
- Plug the power cord into a power outlet and turn the power "On."
- Move the vacuum in a back-and-forth motion over the area to be cleaned.
- Turn the power "Off" and unplug the vacuum when finished.
- Follow the steps in the above section to clean the dirt container and filter.