Move any items off the deck before cleaning.
Rinse the deck thoroughly with a garden hose, using a fan tipped nozzle.
Fill a pump sprayer with multi-purpose deck cleaner, or mildew-removing deck cleaner if the deck has mildew growth.
Spray the deck evenly with the cleaner. Allow it to sit for 15 minutes. Scrub the deck lightly with a soft brush to remove any tough dirt or mildew.
Rinse the deck thoroughly with the garden hose to remove all traces of deck cleaner. Allow the deck to air dry.
Things You Will Need
- Garden hose, with fan tipped nozzle
- Pump sprayer
- Multi-purpose deck cleaner or mildew removing deck cleaner
- Soft-bristled brush
- Rinse away spills with water soon after they occur to prevent stains.
- Clean oil or grease on the deck with a commercial degreaser. Rinse it away with clean water to avoid stains.
- Use mats under your grill or metal furniture to prevent grease or rust stains.