- Wipe wet residue left from a Swiffer product from hardwood flooring with a clean cloth. Use wide strokes as you wipe to remove all wetness from the floor.
- Spray the affected area with a wood floor cleaner or polish. The wood cleaner or polish will restore shine to the hardwood.
- Buff the area with a soft cloth. Use aggressive pressure as you work the cloth in circular motions to give the flooring a high sheen.
Things You Will Need
- Clean soft cloths
- Wood floor cleaner or polish
- Avoid using furniture polish on wood floors as they may produce slippery conditions.
- Do not use Swiffer WetJet on unfinished, waxed or oiled wood floors as it could damage or warp the boards, according to Swiffer.