- Unplug your Duracell PowerSource 1800 from any electrical devices it is powering.
- Turn off your Duracell PowerSource 1800 and set on a table top or other level surface.
- Open the Duracell PowerSource's battery compartment and pull out all three 20-hour amp batteries. Set aside for appropriate disposal or recycling.
- Take one of the three batteries to a battery retailer near you and purchase three appropriate 20-hour amp batteries.
- Unpackage and insert each of the three replacement batteries into the Duracell PowerSource's battery compartment. Close the compartment.
- Plug in the electrical devices the Duracell PowerSource was powering and then turn the device back on.
How to Replace the Batteries in a PowerSource 1800
The Duracell PowerSource 1800 is a back-up battery pack that contains three separate 20-hour amp batteries. The Duracell PowerSource 1800 is for indoor use and will power several electrical appliances, such as computers, televisions, lights and even a refrigerator. Unlike other back-up power sources, such as gasoline or gas powered generators, it can be used inside the home and is a "great alternative to a generator," according to Duracell's website. Battery replacement is simple and straightforward.