- Fill a bathtub with water and 1/2 cup mild liquid soap.
- Place the duck feather cushion in the tub. Press down with your hands to completely submerge the cushion.
- Allow the cushion to sit for 15 minutes. Use your hands to press down and circulate the soapy water through the cushion every five minutes while you wait.
- Drain the tub and refill it with water. Press the cushion with your hands again to force out lingering soap from the inside.
- Drain the tub and refill it one final time. Allow the cushion to sit submerged in the water while you press on it to continue rinsing it out.
- Remove the cushion from the water once all soap has been rinsed and squeeze excess moisture from it. Allow the cushion to air dry for 24 to 48 hours or until it is completely dry.
- Use your hands to pull up on the dry cushion to re-fluff it before returning it to the sofa frame.
How to Clean Duck Feather Sofa Cushions
Feather filled cushions, also known as down cushions, can be made from geese or duck feathers. Washing down cushions and pillows would be incredibly simple if it weren't for the size. If the cushion is small enough to fit in the washing machine, you can put it through a cycle without worrying about damaging it. However, sofa cushions are much larger and need a different cleaning method. You can clean your duck feather sofa cushions using an effective method that involves a bath tub.
Things You Will Need
- How to Remove Mildew From a Shower Floor Mat
- How to Remove the Odor From Tempur-Pedic Pillows
- How to Dye the Fabric on a Sofa
- How to Clean a Comforter With Wool Batting
- How to Make Knife-Edge Cushions
- How to Clean Couch Cushion Covers
- How to Find a Waterbed Leak
- How to Clean or Refresh a Mattress
- How to Dye Slipcovers
- How to Replace Patio Furniture Fabric
- How to Clean a Sofa Bed
- How to Reset a KitchenAid Superba Dishwasher
- How to Clean a Sofa's Raw Silk Material
- How to Clean Converse Shoes