- Line a cardboard box with sheets of polystyrene foam to help insulate it. Use duct tape to hold the polystyrene foam in place.
- Put a trash bag inside the cardboard box. Fold the top of the trash bag down over the top edge of the box and tape it to the box so there are no seams or openings.
- Line the inside of the box with aluminum foil to increase its insulating properties. Cover the top, bottom and sides. Place it right over the trash bag and tape the aluminum foil down with duct tape.
- Cover the lid of the box with a trash bag and aluminum foil. Use the tape to pull both taut, so the lid fits snugly on the box.
- Fill the box with ice or cold packs and put your food and drinks inside. Leave the lid on the box as mush as possible to keep the items cold.
A DIY Cooler Box
Knowing how to make your own cooler box is a skill that can come in handy in a pinch. You may need one for an impromptu picnic, or to keep beverages cold on a spur of the moment outing. Fortunately, you don't need much to make a cooler and in most cases everything you need can be found around your home. You just need to create a box that insulates and prevents moisture from leaking.
Things You Will Need
- How to Install a Ceiling Fan With a Saddle Box
- How to Pack Picture Frames
- How to Clean a Pickle Crock
- How to Install a Thermostat on a Kenmore Coldspot Refrigerator
- How to Clean Lime From Coffee Pots
- How to Store Flatware in Proper Order in a Silverware Box
- How to Calculate Corrugated Outside Dimensions
- How to Change a Dishwasher Door to Stainless Steel
- How to Prevent Freezer Taste & Odor
- How to Make a Doll Crib Out of Cardboard
- How to Mount Electrical Receptacles Sideways
- How to Pack Stemware
- How to Clean Mold & Mildew From a Spa Cover
- Troubleshooting a Kenmore Chest Freezer that Stops Freezing