A billiards room is a great addition to a house. With a billiards room in the house, family time is fun and exciting.
It's much easier to entertain at home when there's a billiards room. Guests will always have something to do.
Billiards is a popular game played on a rectangular, cloth-covered table. Players hit balls with a long tapered stick.
Players hit them into specific places or pockets. Playing is only half the fun.
How you decorate a billiards room will set the tone for many future games!.
- Determine the color scheme. Most often, the color scheme depends on the color of the felt on the table.
- Install flooring. This is important to do before getting the pool table in the billiards room. The floor has to be perfectly level underneath the billiards table. The easiest choices for keeping the ground under the table level are shorter carpets (with no padding) or hard floors. It is harder to keep a table level on thick carpeting.
- Paint the walls. Dark colors tend to go well in billiards rooms. The dark colors make the table and lights stand out once the room is complete. Any neon signs look terrific against a dark wall. To break up a dark wall, add chair rail molding in a light color down the middle of the wall.
- Incorporate accessory storage. Storage for billiards equipment needs to match the table. Choose a rack in the same wood and finish as the table.
- Decide on lighting. Usually there is one light over the center of the pool table. Smaller lights should also be placed around the edges of the room. The light over the table should be the brightest light in the room. Instead of using one large light, it's possible to hang a trio of lights over the table for the same effect. Sconces are popular options for the outer lights. Recessed lighting in the ceiling is another great choice. The main light simply needs to be over the billiards table.
- Look for chairs. Choose a chair made from the same wood. The wood should have the same finish as the table and rack for a consistent look. As far as the chair cushions, simply match them to the color of the room and the table.
Before decorating a billiards room, make sure the table will fit with plenty of room for players.
- Before decorating a billiards room, make sure the table will fit with plenty of room for players.