Things You Will Need
- Wire brush
- Rubber gloves
- Commercial rust remover
- Paper towels
Rebar is an abbreviated term for reinforcing bar, which is a part of building structures. Reinforcing bar is also known as reinforcing steel.
Rebar is made from carbon steel, a material that is prone to rusting. Fixing the rust is possible by taking a few steps.
- Scrub all the rust using a wire brush.
- Put on rubber gloves before pouring a commercial rust remover onto a paper towel. Apply the rust remover to all rusted areas of the rebar.
- Leave rust remover on rebar for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Clean off the rust with paper towels.
- Use a paintbrush to apply primer to protect the rebar from rusting further. Allow primer to dry.