Things You Will Need
- Shelf liner
- Small safety pins
Mattress pads are designed to fit on top of a mattress and make it more comfortable. They may be filled with batting and quilted, or they may contain a thin layer of memory foam.
Some specialty mattress pads are waterproof to help with incontinence issues. A mattress pad should fit securely on your bed, but if it slides around or if you are using a mattress pad that does not quite fit your bed, there are things you can do to keep it secure.
- Strip the bed of bedding, leaving the mattress bare.
- Cut the shelf liner into rectangles about the size of a sheet of paper.
- Lay the sheets of shelf liner on the corners and along the center of the mattress.
- Place the mattress pad on top of the shelf liner.
- Secure the edges of the mattress pad to the edges of the mattress, using safety pins. You'll need several safety pins for each side.
- Replace the regular sheets and make the bed.