Things You Will Need
- 2-by-4s, 18 inches long, 2
- 2-by-4, 36 inches long, 1
- 36-inch curtain rod, 1
- 2 curtain rod mounts
- 1 1/2-inch screws, 4
- 5-inch screws, 6
- Stud finder
- Phillips-head drill bit
- Tape measure
Many individuals have bedrooms that are far too small for large dressers. In order to properly store clothing, you can choose to hang clothing from the ceiling or walls in order to keep floor space open.
You can create a hanging rack for clothing with minimal handy skills in a short amount of time so you can start hanging your clothes and organizing your space.
- Set a 36-inch 2-by-4 on a flat surface horizontally with the 2-inch edge resting on the surface. Place one 18-inch 2-by-4 at each end to create a U-shape structure. The 18-inch sections should rest along the top 36-inch face of the 2-by-4.
- Drive two 5-inch screws through each end to join the 18-inch sections of 2-by-4 to the 36-inch section of 2-by-4. The screws will be driven upward through the 36-inch section of 2-by-4 and join through the bottom edge of the 18-inch sections.
- Attach rod brackets to the top, inner edge of the 18-inch 2-by-4s. These should be placed in the center and face one another inside the U-shape structure. Use 1 1/2-inch screws to attach the brackets.
- Place the 36-inch curtain rod into the brackets. Gently pull the 18-inch sections of 2-by-4 outward to pop the bar in place.
- Locate two studs on the wall with the stud finder, and attach the rack to the wall, horizontally, by driving one 5-inch screw through each stud. Hang clothes from the bar, which will now protrude 18 inches from the wall.