Haier Mini Refrigerator Troubleshooting
Haier, headquartered in Shandong, China, produces consumer appliances, which the company sells worldwide. It produces compact or mini refrigerators, which you can use in garages, dorm rooms or apartments. Haier creates products designed to work without any problems.
If you do experience a problem, however, troubleshoot the issues before contacting a service technician. This saves you money on fees and eliminates repair wait times.
If your refrigerator is too cold, change the temperature setting to a warmer setting. Give the mini refrigerator a few hours to warm up. If your temperature setting is too warm, change it to a lower setting. Properly close the door, and refrain from opening it too often. Check the door gaskets and see if they are clean and not worn. If torn or not attached properly, replace the gaskets. If you have just added a lot of food or beverages, give the refrigerator several hours to cool down.
If the Haier mini refrigerator won’t run, check that the power cord is plugged into a live outlet. Test the outlet by plugging a lamp into the outlet. Verify that the thermostat control is turned on. Check the household circuit breaker, and reset if tripped. Look for bad fuses (black or with broken wires) and replace. Your compact refrigerator normally runs longer during extremely warm or humid days. Always completely close the doors to reduce running times.
Clean the refrigerator if it has an odor. Always properly seal foods before storing them in the refrigerator. When it is humid, moisture can normally appear on both the interior and exterior of the refrigerator. Refrain from opening the doors too frequency and check the gaskets for dirt and wear.
If your Haier compact refrigerator doors won’t close, verify that the refrigerator is level. Place a bubble level on the top of the refrigerator. Use shims (small pieces of wood) and rise up the lower end of the refrigerator until the refrigerator is level. Check the floor beneath the refrigerator, and see if it is level. Level the floor before replacing the refrigerator.
An unlevel floor can also cause your refrigerator to vibrate and make noise or hit the walls and cabinets around it. Verify that no food, shelves or bins are keeping the door from closing. Examine the door and use a laser alignment tool to see if the door is level. If not, remove the door, and reinstall it.
The Drip Cap
- Haier, headquartered in Shandong, China, produces consumer appliances, which the company sells worldwide.
- If your refrigerator is too cold, change the temperature setting to a warmer setting.
- Look for bad fuses (black or with broken wires) and replace.
- Always completely close the doors to reduce running times.
- When it is humid, moisture can normally appear on both the interior and exterior of the refrigerator.
- Check the floor beneath the refrigerator, and see if it is level.
Misty Faucheux became a freelance writer in 1998 and has been an editor since 2004. She has written for a variety of websites and blogs, specializing in topics ranging from digital photography to computer systems to digital media. Faucheux received a Bachelor of Arts in communications from Loyola University New Orleans.
- How to Level an Electrolux Side-by-Side Refrigerator
- My GE Profile Freezer Door Is Not Staying Shut
- How to Troubleshoot a Jenn Air Refrigerator
- How to Troubleshoot a GE Side by Side Refrigerator
- What Can I Lay on Freezer Shelves to Keep Them From Icing Up?
- How Do I Troubleshoot a Holiday Chest Freezer?