How to Get Soap Scum Off of Plastic Cups
Soap scum buildup is a common issue with dishes, especially plastic dishes that have a tendency to collect residue quickly. To keep the plastic cups clear and residue-free, clean them with something that removes the soap scum without damaging the plastic. Keep in mind you will be drinking out of the cups in the future, so you should avoid chemical cleaners that could leave behind harmful residue.
Fill a plastic tub with a 50/50 solution of water and white vinegar. Use enough to keep the glasses submerged.
Place the plastic cups into the basin, letting the cups fill with the solution and fall to the bottom of the basin. Let the cups soak for an hour.
Remove the cups and scrub with a nylon scrubbing pad.
Rinse the glasses with clear water and dry with a cleaning rag.
Mel Frank is a professional freelance writer with over 15 years of writing experience. She has completed a wide variety of writing assignments for a number of publications that include CNN and various websites. Frank received a Bachelor of Fine Arts from a prestigious university in Pennsylvania.
- Jupiterimages/liquidlibrary/Getty Images
- Removing Soap Scum From a Chrome Faucet
- How to Remove an LG Tromm Laundry Detergent Dispenser
- How Do I Change My Coleman Hot Tub From Economy Mode to Standard?
- How to Clean 5-Gallon Water Bottles
- What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of an Intrusion Detection System?
- How to Clean Baby Bottles So They Won't Get Yellow