How to Clean a Greenway Water Dispenser
Greenway is a manufacturer of water dispensers that are found in many homes and offices. These water dispensers provide clean bottled water stored in 3- to 5-gallon jugs. The dispensers easily distribute hot, cold or room-temperature water at the push of a button. Cleaning the Greenway water dispenser is an easy task, and should be done every four months to keep the unit clean and free of bacteria.
Unplug the water dispenser from the electrical outlet.
Remove the water jug, and discard any water that is in the jug.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then pour the hot water into the water reservoir along with 1 tsp. of bleach.
Place a pair of rubber gloves on your hands if you like, then use a nylon scrub brush to clean the inside of the reservoir.
After cleaning, pour the water out into the sink, then fill once more with boiling water and let sit for 20 minutes.
Run the boiling water through the water dispensers on the machine, allowing the water to collect in the pot you used to boil the water.
Discard the water, place a fresh water bottle back onto the unit and plug into the electrical outlet. The unit is now ready for use.
Things You Will Need
- Large pot
- Nylon scrub brush
- Rubber gloves (optional)
- How to Clean Water Cooler Bottles
- How to Fix a Leaky Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Dispenser
- How to Remove and Clean a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator Water Dispenser
- How Do I Run a Diagnostic Test on My Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer?
- How to Freeze Proof Washing Machines
- How to Tell If My Cordless Drill Battery Is Bad