How to Clean a Greenway Water Dispenser
Greenway is a manufacturer of water dispensers that are found in many homes and offices. These water dispensers provide clean bottled water stored in 3- to 5-gallon jugs. The dispensers easily distribute hot, cold or room-temperature water at the push of a button. Cleaning the Greenway water dispenser is an easy task, and should be done every four months to keep the unit clean and free of bacteria.
Unplug the water dispenser from the electrical outlet.
Remove the water jug, and discard any water that is in the jug.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then pour the hot water into the water reservoir along with 1 tsp. of bleach.
Place a pair of rubber gloves on your hands if you like, then use a nylon scrub brush to clean the inside of the reservoir.
After cleaning, pour the water out into the sink, then fill once more with boiling water and let sit for 20 minutes.
Run the boiling water through the water dispensers on the machine, allowing the water to collect in the pot you used to boil the water.
Discard the water, place a fresh water bottle back onto the unit and plug into the electrical outlet. The unit is now ready for use.
Mel Frank is a professional freelance writer with over 15 years of writing experience. She has completed a wide variety of writing assignments for a number of publications that include CNN and various websites. Frank received a Bachelor of Fine Arts from a prestigious university in Pennsylvania.
- Jupiterimages/Comstock/Getty Images
- How to Take Apart a Kenmore Washer's Fabric Softener Dispenser
- How Do I Change My Coleman Hot Tub From Economy Mode to Standard?
- Why a Bosch Nexxt 500 Washer Won't Drain
- How to Remove and Clean a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator Water Dispenser
- How Do I Run a Diagnostic Test on My Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer?
- Instructions for Hooking Up a Whirlpool Duet Washing Machine