How to Take Apart a Kenmore Washer's Fabric Softener Dispenser
The fabric softener dispenser on your Kenmore washing machine is located on top of the agitator. As the name implies, it is designed to dispense fabric softener during the wash cycle. If you are repairing or removing the washing machine's agitator or simply would like to deep-clean the machine, it is necessary to remove the dispenser. Depending on the model of your dispenser, it may have a lock ring, which must be depressed to remove it from the agitator.
Dispenser With Lock Ring
Open the lid of the washing machine.
Squeeze the lock ring on the bottom of the dispenser so that it is flush with the underside of the dispenser.
Rock the dispenser back and forth while pulling up to remove the dispenser from the top of the agitator.
Dispenser Without Lock Ring
Open the top lid of the washer to access the dispenser.
Firmly grip the dispenser cup with both hands.
Pull the dispenser cup straight up and off of the agitator to remove.
- Look at the bottom of the dispenser to determine if the dispenser has a lock ring on the bottom of it.
Andrew Todd has been writing since 2006. He has written for the Consumer Search website and the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Middle District of Florida. Todd has a Bachelor of Science in criminal justice from the University of Central Florida.
- How Do I Change My Coleman Hot Tub From Economy Mode to Standard?
- How to Reset a Kenmore Coldspot Filter Indicator
- How to Remove a Watco Drain Stopper
- How to Drain a Whirlpool Cabrio Washer
- How to Fix Locked Dryer Controls on a Whirlpool Duet
- How to Attach the Door Front to a Whirlpool Integrated Dishwasher