How to Replace the Lever on a Hot Water Dispenser HOT-1
The lever on the HOT-1 water dispenser by InSinkErator can break and require replacement due to the material it is made from. The lever handle is a plastic composite that wears out over time near the thinnest part near the middle. The pressure from pushing the lever down and releasing it begins to soften and crack the lever. Replacing the lever on a HOT-1 hot water dispenser does not require disassembling the faucet.
Turn off the water supply to the HOT-1 dispenser at the supply valve under the sink between the dispenser holding tank and the house line. Unplug the dispenser power cord under the sink.
Pull off the remaining piece of the old lever from the cover. It might be necessary to use a pair of needle-nose pliers to pull off the remaining lever. If there is not enough lever left to grab with the pliers, pry off the remaining piece with a small flat-head screwdriver.
Position the new lever into the slot on the rear of the cover. The wide part should be pointing up and the end with the slot pointing to the faucet.
Push the lever into the cover until it snaps into place. Push the lever down and release it several times to ensure it springs back up when you depress it.
Turn the water supply back on and plug the dispenser power cord back in.
Things You Will Need
- Needle-nose pliers
- Small flat-head screwdriver
- How to Replace a Baseboard Heater Limit Switch
- How to Remove Excess Teak Oil
- The Pressure Requirements for Operating a Refrigerator Ice Maker
- How to Clean the Water Dispenser on a GE Profile Performance Refrigerator
- How Do I Change My Coleman Hot Tub From Economy Mode to Standard?
- How to Recover a Counter Stool With a Back