How to Troubleshoot a Frigidaire Dishwasher Touch Panel
Many modern dishwashers, like several in the Frigidaire range, feature a touch-sensitive control panel located on the top side of the door. The panel disappears from view when the door is closed, giving the appliance a clean, minimalist appearance. Troubleshooting a problem with the touch controls involves ruling out several of the most common problems. This approach is easy to follow and saves money if it prevents an unnecessary visit from a technician.
Make sure you enter valid instructions into the control panel -- the appliance may reject erroneous settings. Be sure to press "Start" and confirm the door is closed when you are ready to begin the cycle. Hit "Cancel" to start over if you make a mistake.
Hold the "RINSE ONLY" or "NO HEATED DRY" pad, depending on the model, for three seconds until the padlock icon disappears from the LCD display. The child lock disables the dishwasher's controls to stop unsupervised kids from adjusting or starting the appliance. Cancelling the child lock restores the touch pad.
Disconnect the dishwasher's power supply, either at the outlet or the breaker, and wait for five minutes for the controls to reset. The dishwasher may have frozen due to a software problem or another internal fault. Connect the power supply and try to use the dishwasher's touch controls again.
- Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images
- My Dishwasher Control Panel Is Not Working
- My Frigidaire Affinity Has a DR Error
- Troubleshooting a GE Oven That Can Not Get Out of Locked Door Mode
- How to Fix a Kenmore Dishwasher Control Panel With a Key Stuck
- How to Reset a KitchenAid KUD101FLSS6 Dishwasher Control Lock
- How to Lock Maytag Oven Doors