How to Connect a Whirlpool Cabrio Washer
The Whirlpool Cabrio is a 30-inch, top-loading washing machine with standard fittings for connecting to laundry plumbing. Hooking up the Cabrio takes less than half an hour using common tools. Buy a pair of washing machine water hoses from an appliance or plumbing store if you do not already have hoses for hot and cold water. Many hardware stores also sell these hoses. The drain pipe is already connected to the Cabrio.
Screw on the end of a water hose to the two threaded pipes on the back of the Cabrio marked with an H and C for hot and cold. Tighten the connections with pliers.
Hook up the other end of each hose to the hot and cold faucets on the wall of your laundry room. Tighten each hose with pliers to the faucet threads.
Insert the end of the drain hose attached to the back of the Cabrio firmly into the pipe between the water faucets.
Twist the leg in each bottom corner of the Cabrio counterclockwise until it touches the floor. This levels the appliance so it will not rattle while in use.
Plug in the power cord to the electrical outlet.
Twist the hot and cold knobs on the two wall faucets to the left to release water to the Cabrio, which is now ready for washing laundry.
Things You Will Need
- How to Replace the Drain Hose on a Maytag Neptune MLE
- How to Fix a Leaky Washing Machine Faucet That Won't Cut Off
- How to Fix a Frigidaire Water Leak
- How to Hook up the Ice Maker & Water System on a Kenmore Refrigerator
- How to Replace Portable Dishwasher Hoses
- How to Change the Water Valve on an Amana Washer