How to Get Rid of Fruit Flies With Lemon Grass Oil
Fruit flies are common household pests that are attracted to fruits and vegetables that are stored in the open as well as to house plants. They can be exterminated with typical insect killer. However, these products are dangerous when inhaled. Lemongrass essential oil, on the other hand, is a natural product. When mixed with water and sprayed around the house, lemongrass oil repels fruit flies naturally and without any health or environmental risks.
Remove any fruit or vegetables that are infested with fruit flies, and dispose of them outside.
Fill a spray bottle with 3/4 cup (6 oz.) of warm water. Add 30 drops of lemongrass essential oil to the water, and close the bottle. Shake the bottle well.
Spray all surfaces of any rooms that are infested with fruit flies. Spray sink drains, fruit and vegetable storage areas, and areas near house plants. Wash away any dead insects with a wet soapy cloth, or a sink sprayer.
Repeat at any time when you notice fruit flies. Prevent future infestations by storing fruits and vegetables in a refrigerator, or by using them immediately bringing them into the home.
Things You Will Need
- 1 bottle lemongrass oil
- Spray bottle or mister with at least 1/2 pint (8 oz.) capacity
- How to Check Reverse Osmosis Water Filter Tank Pressure
- How to Open Maytag Dryer Locks Without Keys
- How to Use Bleach and Vinegar to Cure Fungus
- How to Keep Bugs, Wasps, Bees and Mosquitoes Away From Your Yard
- How to Get Rid of Furniture Polish Buildup
- The Essentials to Fixing a Leaky Outdoor Faucet