How to Descale a Stainless Steel Bosch Dishwasher
Stainless steel dishwashers are found in many homes, providing a durable and attractive dishwashing unit that fits in well with most decor styles. Bosch is a German-based company that manufactures what it considers to be the most water and energy efficient dishwasher units available in the United States. With an emphasis on low noise output and high quality manufacturing, the Bosch company offers dishwasher units in a number of price points and designs. To keep the dishwasher functioning and looking its best, you must remove any limescale buildup that accumulates. The limescale develops as a result of the mineral content in your water supply, and a natural household item quickly breaks up and dissolves the scale.
Pour 2 cups white vinegar into the base of your dishwasher.
Turn on the dishwasher and run a short wash cycle. This typically breaks up all mild limescale buildup.
Soak a nylon scrubbing pad in white vinegar and scrub over the stainless steel. Continue until all scale is removed.
Run the 2 cups white vinegar through your dishwasher every three dishwasher runs, as this prevents scale from accumulating plus keeps dishes clean and streak-free.
Things You Will Need
- White vinegar
- Nylon scrubbing pad
- How to Take Apart a KitchenAid Blender
- How Do I Run a Diagnostic Test on My Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer?
- How to Keep a Dishwasher From Tilting Forward When the Door Is Opened
- How Do I Keep Bathroom Mirrors From Fogging Up?
- How to Make Window Cleaner Containing Corn Starch & Vinegar
- How to Clean an Old, Dirty Marble Floor