How to Install Johnson Controls Model A19ABC-24C on My Danby
Johnson Controls model A19ABC-24C is a single-stage digital temperature control. The A19ABC-24C features a liquid crystal display, a switch-activated temperature offset function and a locking front panel. The temperature control has numerous applications including walk-in coolers and freezers, supermarket display cases and condenser fan cycling for air conditioners, like the portable air conditioners made by Danby. The temperature display can be connected to the Danby air conditioner. Connection time will take approximately one hour.
Unplug the Danby air conditioner from the wall.
Remove the plate cover on the lower rear section of the Danby air conditioner near the power cord to expose the connection terminals.
Open the back panel on the temperature control by first removing the screws with a Phillips screwdriver.
Cut four lengths of American Wire Gauge no. 12 and strip the ends of each wire with wire strippers about an inch.
Connect the four wires to the positive and negative terminals on the lower terminal blocks on the temperature controller. Connect the ends of these wires to the corresponding terminals on the inner panel of the air conditioner, which will be clearly marked.
Replace the backs on the temperature controller and the air conditioner.
Mount the temperature controller to the side of the air conditioner with Velcro strips or screws.
Things You Will Need
- Four strips of American Wire Gauge No. 12
- Wire strippers
- Velcro strips
- How Do I Run a Diagnostic Test on My Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer?
- How to Access the Evaporator in a GE Refrigerator With a Bottom Freezer
- How to Know When the Thermostat Is Broken in a Fridge or Freezer
- How to Work an Oven Timer
- How to Fix a Punctured Refrigerator
- How to Replace the Float Switch Assembly on a Bosch Dishwasher