How to Change the Door Panel of a Stainless Refrigerator
Many refrigerators come equipped with stainless-steel exterior doors. This protects the outside of the fridge, but the inside can still be prone to damage. For example, it is possible for the interior door panel to crack or become loose. In these instances, the best solution is to remove and replace the panel. This can be done on most refrigerators.
Unplug the refrigerator and open the door.
Remove the screws holding the refrigerator door handle in place, if applicable, and remove the handle.
Pry the rubber lining of the refrigerator door up with your putty knife. This will expose the screws holding the lining in place.
Remove the screws holding the lining in place and remove the lining.
Slide the filler board out of the refrigerator door to expose the panel.
Slide the panel out of the door and replace with a new one that fits your particular model refrigerator.
Reinstall the filler board, lining, screws and door handle.
Things You Will Need
- Phillips screwdriver
- Putty knife
- How to Remove Paint & Stain From Kitchen Cabinets
- How to Remove the Oven Door
- How to Replace the Front Panel on a KitchenAid Dishwasher
- How to Replace the Adaptive Defrost Control Board in a Maytag Refrigerator
- How to Remove Permanent Marker From Dry-Erase Board
- How do I Troubleshoot Constant Clicking on a GE Refrigerator?