How to Replace the Handle on a Frigidaire Microwave
If the door handle on your Frigidaire microwave is broken, you may be able to simply install a replacement part instead of paying for a whole new door. Use the old handle as an example or look up the part number listing in your owner's manual to purchase the correct replacement part for your model number. You can download a new copy of the owner's manual or look up additional troubleshooting tips on the Frigidaire customer service website.
Unplug the microwave or shut off the power from the circuit breaker box if you have a built-in unit.
Open the door and use the end of a flat-head screwdriver to pry off the inside panel. Support the handle with one hand while using the other hand to remove the screws on the inside of the door. Pull the handle away from the door and discard it.
Hold the new handle against the door so the screw holes match. Insert and tighten the retaining screws to secure the handle.
Close the door and plug the microwave back in or restore power from the circuit breaker box.
Things You Will Need
- Flat-head screwdriver
- Phillips screwdriver
- How to Clean Burnt Food in a Paderno Frying Pan
- How do I Remove a Taymor Lockset?
- How to Replace the Door Handle on a KitchenAid Microwave Hood
- How Do I Change My Coleman Hot Tub From Economy Mode to Standard?
- How to Repair the Ice Door Flap on a Maytag Refrigerator
- How do I Replace the Light in a GE Profile Advantium 120?