How to Replace the Handle on a Frigidaire Microwave
If the door handle on your Frigidaire microwave is broken, you may be able to simply install a replacement part instead of paying for a whole new door. Use the old handle as an example or look up the part number listing in your owner's manual to purchase the correct replacement part for your model number. You can download a new copy of the owner's manual or look up additional troubleshooting tips on the Frigidaire customer service website.
Unplug the microwave or shut off the power from the circuit breaker box if you have a built-in unit.
Open the door and use the end of a flat-head screwdriver to pry off the inside panel. Support the handle with one hand while using the other hand to remove the screws on the inside of the door. Pull the handle away from the door and discard it.
Hold the new handle against the door so the screw holes match. Insert and tighten the retaining screws to secure the handle.
Close the door and plug the microwave back in or restore power from the circuit breaker box.
Denise Sullivan has been writing professionally for more than five years after a long career in business. She has been published on Yahoo! Voices and other publications. Her areas of expertise are business, law, gaming, home renovations, gardening, sports and exercise.
- Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images
- How to Replace an Oven Door Handle
- How to Troubleshoot an Oster Convection/Microwave Oven
- How to Replace Door Parts on the Frigidaire FMV156DCC
- How to Change the Light Bulb Inside a Maytag Microwave Hood
- How to Adjust the Tension on a Kenmore Oven Door
- How do I Replace the Light in a GE Profile Advantium 120?