Removing a Cabinet Panel on a Sub-Zero Refrigerator Door
A Sub-Zero refrigerator door's decorative front cabinet panel is inserted in a channel. Removing the panel requires removing the appliance's handles first. Keeping in line with the refrigerator's built-in appearance, the handles' screws are hidden behind magnetized trim molding.
Once the screws and handles are removed, the panel is accessible and can be slid from the channel.
Things You Will Need
Handle the panel carefully. Set the panel in a clean, dry place where it won't be damaged.
Press a piece of tape onto the middle of the magnetized trim molding that hides the handles' screws. Pull back the tape. Grip the trim molding, and pull it off the refrigerator's frame.
Remove the screws that hold the handles in place. Take off the handles, and set them aside.
Grip one end of the cabinet panel, and slide the panel sideways through the channel's open end.
The Drip Cap
- A Sub-Zero refrigerator door's decorative front cabinet panel is inserted in a channel.
- Press a piece of tape onto the middle of the magnetized trim molding that hides the handles' screws.
Sommer Leigh has produced home, garden, family and health content since 1997 for such nationally known publications as "Better Homes and Gardens," "Ladies' Home Journal," "Midwest Living," "Healthy Kids" and "American Baby." Leigh also owns a Web-consulting business and writes for several Internet publications. She has a Bachelor of Science in information technology and Web management from the University of Phoenix.
- How to Tighten the Door Handles on a Whirlpool Gold Side-by-Side Refrigerator
- How to Reface Bathroom Cabinets and Replace Doors
- How to Change the Color Panel on a Bosch SHX46A02UC/23 Dishwasher
- How to Replace Refrigerator Door Handles
- What Is Scribe Molding?
- How to Remove the Front From a Miele Dishwasher