- Locate the screws that secure the handles to the door of the refrigerator. The screws are either on the inside edge of the door or on the front, underneath caps.
- Pry off the caps, if they are present at the bottom and the top of the handles, using a flathead screwdriver. Be careful not to break the caps as you pry; they could be brittle because of age.
- Tighten the screws until they are snug. Do not over-tighten the screws or you could run the risk of stripping them. Turn the screws clockwise to tighten them.
- Snap the caps back onto the handles to cover the screws if there were caps on your model.
How to Tighten the Door Handles on a Whirlpool Gold Side-by-Side Refrigerator
Over time and with use, the handles on a Whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator can begin to feel a bit loose. The daily wear and tear on the handles from pulling to open and close the doors can loosen the screws that secure the handles. To tighten the handles on a Whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator, two screwdrivers and about 5 minutes are needed.
Things You Will Need
- How to Bypass the Thermostat on a Hot Tub
- How to Convert Gauge Thickness to Millimeters
- How to Remove Grease Stains From Ceramic Tile
- How to Turn a Gas Oven Off
- How to Reset a Craftsman Keypad
- How to Repair Leaking Kitchen Faucets With One Handle
- How to Remove Paint & Stain From Kitchen Cabinets
- How to Fix a Warped Door
- How to Remove Rust From an Axe
- How to Clean Stainless Steel Taps
- How to Measure a Chain-link Fence for Paint
- How to Clean Lime From Coffee Pots
- How to Remove Heavy Rust
- How to Thaw a Steak in a Toaster Oven