Turn the grill burners to high. Close the lid on the gas grill.
Allow the grill to heat for 15 minutes.
Scrub the grill grates with an infrared grill brush.
Turn over the infrared grill brush. Scrub the grill with the metal scraper on the back of the brush.
Allow the grill grates to cool. Remove the grates from the grill.
Brush the emitter plates under the grates with a wire grill brush. Scrape on the plates to remove any hard-to-remove debris.
Replace the grill grates. Spray the infrared grill grates and emitter plates with high-heat cooking oil.
Things You Will Need
- Infrared wire grill brush
- High-heat cooking oil
- Create a powerful cleaner by combining an equal amount of lemon juice and water in a spray bottle. Spray the solution onto the grates and scrub them with a wire grill brush.
- Remove difficult burned areas with a sharp razor blade once the burners cool.
- Wipe down the exterior of the infrared grill with warm soapy water and a washcloth.
- Follow the cleaning instructions listed in the owner's manual for best results.