How to Clean a Drip Pan for a Frigidaire Refrigerator
The drip pan catches liquid and debris that are flushed from a refrigerator during a defrost cycle. Over time, debris can accumulate in the pan. Frigidaire recommends a twice-yearly cleaning of the refrigerator to maintain it. The drip pan is accessed from the back of a Frigidaire refrigerator.
Grasp the refrigerator on both sides and carefully slide it out to expose the back. Disconnect the power cord from the outlet.
Locate the drip pan on the back of the refrigerator, near the compressor. Grasp both sides of the pan, and pull outward to remove it.
Pour any accumulated liquid in the pan down a sink drain. Spray the surface with water, and squirt a small amount of dish soap onto the surface of the pan.
Scrub the pan in circular motions with a nonabrasive brush to remove encrusted debris.
Rinse the pan clean, wipe it dry with paper towels, and reinstall it in the back of the refrigerator.
Things You Will Need
- Dish soap
- Scrub brush
- Paper towels
- Food will remain fresh in the refrigerator for the short time it is unplugged.
- Removing Burn Marks From All-Clad Pans
- How to Get Burn Stains off Pots & Pans
- How Do I Stop the Back of My Refrigerator From Freezing?
- How to Remove the Drain Pan From a Kenmore Coldspot Refrigerator
- How to Remove an LG Tromm Laundry Detergent Dispenser
- How to Find the Drain Line on a GE Refrigerator