How to Clean a Drip Pan for a Frigidaire Refrigerator
The drip pan catches liquid and debris that are flushed from a refrigerator during a defrost cycle. Over time, debris can accumulate in the pan. Frigidaire recommends a twice-yearly cleaning of the refrigerator to maintain it. The drip pan is accessed from the back of a Frigidaire refrigerator.
Grasp the refrigerator on both sides and carefully slide it out to expose the back. Disconnect the power cord from the outlet.
Locate the drip pan on the back of the refrigerator, near the compressor. Grasp both sides of the pan, and pull outward to remove it.
Pour any accumulated liquid in the pan down a sink drain. Spray the surface with water, and squirt a small amount of dish soap onto the surface of the pan.
Scrub the pan in circular motions with a nonabrasive brush to remove encrusted debris.
Rinse the pan clean, wipe it dry with paper towels, and reinstall it in the back of the refrigerator.
Things You Will Need
- Dish soap
- Scrub brush
- Paper towels
- Food will remain fresh in the refrigerator for the short time it is unplugged.
- How to Remove the Back Filter Cover From a Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- How to Access the Evaporator in a GE Refrigerator With a Bottom Freezer
- How to Reset a Sears Refrigerator
- How to Remove the Drain Pan From a Kenmore Coldspot Refrigerator
- How to Drain a Whirlpool Cabrio Washer
- How to Clean Calphalon Cookware