- Fold over. Holding all four coners of the flag, fold the lower stripes over the blue field.
- Double fold. Holding all four corners again, fold the flag again. The folded edge of the flag should come together with open edge, forming a long, folded flag displaying the blue field on the left side.
- Create a triangle. Bring up the bottom corner of the stripes and create a triangle fold.
- Fold inward. Turn the outer point of the folded corner inward. The fold should be parallel to the open edge.
- Complete. Continue the triangular pattern of folding. The finished triangles should display only the blue field.
- If the flag is displayed to honor a fallen soldier, engraving the soldier's name and battle on the case is always a thoughtful embellishment.