- Cut the edges of the hole to make an even circle.
- Purchase a piece of vinyl fabric that is the same color as the furniture you are repairing. It must be large enough to cover the entire hole. If you cannot find a piece of fabric to match your furniture, purchase a white piece and dye it to match using a fabric colorant designed to dye vinyl.
- Push the vinyl fabric underneath the hole, taking care not to create an even larger opening.
- Smooth out the vinyl fabric under the hole so it is perfectly flat.
- Apply vinyl adhesive around the inside edges of the hole. Buy vinyl adhesive at your local hardware or craft store.
- Press edges together to form a gapless seal around the entire perimeter of the hole.
- Allow patch to dry at least 24 hours before using furniture.
Things You Will Need
- Vinyl patch Vinyl adhesive Colorant
- Read adhesive instructions before using. Be careful to seal all edges so that no gaps are left. Keep repaired area out of direct sunlight or extreme heat.