Repair the Cord
- Separate the two conductors on each end of the wire with a knife.
- Pull the wires apart, 4 inches back, on each end of the cord.
- Strip the insulation back 1 inch on all four wires.
- Hold the wires at right angles to each other in one hand and twist them together with the other hand. Do this for both wires of the cord.
- Wrap each separate wire connection with tape individually.
- Wrap the entire connection with tape.
Things You Will Need
- Wire stripper (optional)
- Electrical tape
- Electrical tape is available in many colors. You can use any color you find to try to match your wire color. Use enough tape to cover the connections, but not so much that it is unsightly. Four or five layers should be sufficient.