How to Replace a Bake Element in a Frigidaire Oven
Frigidaire markets a selection of ovens for residential use. Replacing the heating element in a Frigidaire oven is a very basic repair. The bake element sits on the floor of the oven compartment and can be reached without any disassembly. Bake elements for common models of Frigidaire ovens can be purchased through a local appliance parts supplier or a Frigidaire service outlet.
Unplug the oven from the wall outlet.
Open the oven door, then remove the oven racks.
Remove 2 Phillips screws from the bake element plate on the back wall of the oven.
Move the element toward you until the terminal ends of the element are clear of the back wall of the oven. Remove the wires from the terminal ends, then remove the element.
Insert the new bake element into the oven compartment with the stand tabs pointing down.
Reverse the removal procedure to install the new bake element.
Things You Will Need
- Phillips-head screwdriver
- How to Clean Toshiba Air Conditioners
- How do I Replace the Light in a GE Profile Advantium 120?
- How to Remove Grease Stains From Ceramic Tile
- How to Replace the Heater in a Kenmore Stackable Dryer
- How to Remove the Back Filter Cover From a Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- How to Change a Thermostat on a Whirlpool Duet Dryer