How to Replace an Oven Heating Element in My Kenmore Stove
Whirlpool-manufactured Kenmore appliances are known for being built to last. With regular maintenance and upkeep, you'll be able to enjoy your Kenmore stove for many years to come. Part of your stove's regular routine maintenance includes occasionally replacing parts like the oven heating element. If your Kenmore oven has stopped producing heat, chances are a broken oven heating element is to blame. Luckily for you, a broken oven element is a simple repair that you can do yourself in just minutes.
Unplug your Kenmore stove before attempting to replace the oven heating element. Disconnect all power before proceeding.
Remove both oven racks. Set the racks aside until you are finished replacing the heating element.
Unscrew the two screws that hold the heating element to the oven's back wall. Set the screws aside until you are ready to replace them.
Slide the broken heating element towards you slowly. Disconnect the wires attached to the element. Remove and discard the broken element.
Attach the wires to the replacement oven heating element. Slide the new heating element into place.
Replace the two screws that secure the heating element to the back wall of the oven.
Things You Will Need
- Purchase your replacement oven heating element directly from the manufacturer, from your local appliance parts store or online.
- Always follow appropriate safety procedures when repairing electrical appliances. If you feel at all uncomfortable about performing the repairs yourself, call a professional.
- How to Remove Grease Stains From Ceramic Tile
- How to Remove the Back Filter Cover From a Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- How to Replace a Whirlpool Duet Electric Dryer Belt
- Instructions for Replacing a GE Profile Glass Top
- How to Remove a GE Profile Oven's Control Panel
- How to Change the Heating Element in an Amana Oven