- Disconnect power to the oven.
- Open the oven door and remove the oven racks.
- Remove the two screws from the bake element plate on the back wall of the oven. Move the bake element forward until the terminal ends on the rear of the bake element clear the back wall of the oven. Remove the wires connected to the element's terminal ends. Remove the bake element from the oven.
- Place the new bake element into the oven compartment with the tab stands pointing down. Connect the wires to the terminal ends of the new bake element. Slide the terminal ends of the bake element into the hole in the back wall of the oven compartment.
- Insert and tighten the two screws into the bake element plate to fasten it to the back wall of the oven.
- Insert the oven racks into the oven compartment. Close the oven door.
- Connect power to the oven.
How to Replace Kenmore Stove Baking Element
Sears markets a line of Kenmore appliances for residential use that includes stoves and ovens. Replacement parts are generally available through your local Sears outlet or through an appliance parts supplier. The bake element is a large coil of metal lying on the floor of the oven compartment. This element can be replaced with only a screwdriver and basic mechanical skills.