- Identify which Pur faucet filtration system you own. One system swivels at its base and has to be tilted forward before filtering water, while the other is fixed in place.
- Open the swivel filtration system by tilting the filter housing forward, as you would when filtering water. Unscrew the cap at the tip, turning counterclockwise, to reveal the Pur filter.
- Turn the faucet on. This will eject the filter into the sink.
- Open a fixed filtration system by turning the cap at the tip counterclockwise. You will see the Pur filter inside.
- Grasp the filter with your fingertips and remove it.
- Both Pur filtration systems feature a blinking light whose color indicates the condition of the filter. When the light blinks red, change the filter.