- Remove the lid of the bean hopper and the detachable coffee-ground container. Set them aside.
- Holding your Braun coffee grinder upside down, shake any coffee grounds from the machine into a garbage can.
- Use a small brush to clean the base of the hopper, where the grinds enter the blades. Ensure that there are no coffee grounds remaining in the hopper or in its base.
- Wipe the blades clean with a cloth dampened with rubbing alcohol; this will clean the blades without leaving any discernible residue.
- Turning your Braun coffee grinder over, wipe the chute clean of old coffee grounds with the tip of your cloth. For hard-to-get grounds farther inside the chute, use compressed air, if available, or the small brush.
- Soak both the bean-hopper lid and the detachable coffee-ground container in soap and water.
- Dry the bean-hopper lid and the detachable coffee-ground container thoroughly and wipe any soap residue from the surface of both pieces before reassembling your Braun coffee grinder.
Things You Will Need
- Cloth or hand towel
- Rubbing alcohol
- Compressed air
- Tap your coffee-grind container free of grinds after each use to keep old grounds from piling up in the container, potentially compromising the quality of your coffee.