- Remove the broiler pan, oven racks, temperature probe and any cookware or bakeware from both ovens.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe the inside edge of the oven door and approximately 1-1/2 inches inside each oven. The outer edge of the ovens will not become hot enough during the self-cleaning cycle to remove any grease or food residue.
- Wipe any food crumbs out of the bottom of the ovens to prevent them from smoking during the cleaning cycle.
- Close both of the oven doors. Press the button on the front of the ovens to select the upper or lower oven. A light will flash to indicate which oven you selected, the light on the right indicates the lower oven while the one on the left indicates the upper oven.
- Press the "Clean" button. The standard cleaning cycle is 3-1/2 hours, but you can set the cycle to 2-1/2 hours for lightly soiled ovens or 4-1/2 hours for heavily soiled ovens.
- Press the "Start" button. The door will lock and the cleaning cycle will begin. When the cycle is finished, the oven will display the word "End" and the door will unlock.
- Repeat Steps 4-6 to clean the other oven.
How to Clean a Whirlpool Double Oven
Whirlpool double ovens feature a self-cleaning cycle, which cleans the oven by heating it to an extremely high temperature to burn off any dirt, grease or food debris. This setting makes cleaning the oven an easy, although time consuming, task. Double ovens must be cleaned one oven at a time, and you will not be able to cook in either oven during the cleaning cycle. Keep in mind that the process may also heat up your kitchen.
Things You Will Need
- Do not touch the oven during the self-cleaning cycle as it will become hot.
- Whirlpool advises against using oven cleaners to clean the inside of their ovens.
- Birds may be bothered by fumes created during the cleaning cycle. Keep any pet birds in a well-ventilated room away from the oven during the process.
- How to Troubleshoot an LG Electric Stove
- Cooking Instructions for Euro-Pro Convection Ovens
- How to Clean a Microwave With Baking Soda
- How to Work an Oven Timer
- How to Troubleshoot an Oster Convection/Microwave Oven
- How to Re-season Iron Skillets
- How to Install a Whirlpool Oven Door
- Smells During the Self Cleaning Oven Cleaning Cycle
- How to Clean a Scorched Glass Baking Dish
- How to Unlock Door the Door on a GE Washer Model WBVH5100HWW
- Maytag Gemini Range Error Codes
- How to Clean an Electrolux Gas Range
- Magic Chef Stove Error Codes
- How to Update Mirrored Closet Doors