- Fill a bucket with one part hot water and one part vinegar with a couple drops of dish soap.
- Pour a little baking soda onto the spot and scrub the visible mold spots with the sponge dipped into the water.
- Rinse the sponge, and dip it into the water again. Scrub the surfaces all around the mold spots as some spores may not be visible to the naked eye.
- Pour a few tbsps. of vinegar into the soap dispenser and run a small, hot load if the mold is in the tub of the washer.
- Mix a solution of one part water and one part vinegar into the spray bottle. Spray the susceptible area on a regular basis. Immediately wipe it dry with a towel so as not to allow mold to develop.
- Keep the door of the washer open after finishing a load of laundry to allow all areas to dry.
Things You Will Need
- Hot water
- Dish soap
- Baking soda
- Spray bottle
- Dry towel
- Don't allow laundry to sit in the tub for excessive time periods as this could cause molding.
- Add a few tbsps. of vinegar to a load of laundry every few washes to prevent mold.