- Turn off the water supply that is going to the refrigerator. Turn off the valve for the water supply or turn off the main water valve for your home.
- Open the door to your refrigerator's freezer compartment. The compartment can be mounted on the top of the unit, at the bottom or on the side.
- Locate the Whirlpool modular ice maker in the freezer compartment.
- Move any items in the freezer that are blocking access to the ice maker.
- Locate the screws that are used to secure the ice maker in the freezer compartment. Remove these screws with a screwdriver.
- Locate the wiring harness or plug that is connected to the ice maker. Unplug or remove it from the ice maker.
- Locate the water line that is connected to the ice maker. Remove the water line by unscrewing the nut on the water line with a wrench.
- Pull the ice maker out of the freezer compartment.
Things You Will Need
- Unplug the refrigerator if you do not want to waste energy if the freezer compartment door needs to remain open.
- Defrost the freezer compartment if there is ice build-up on the ice maker.