- Unplug the washer from the wall outlet prior to disassembling the washer.
- Open the lid of the washer. Remove the dispenser cup at the top of the agitator. To remove, lift the lock ring at the bottom of the dispenser cup, then remove.
- Remove the agitator cap by prying it off using a flat-head screwdriver.
- Remove the agitator bolt, securing the agitator to the bottom of the washer, from the center of the agitator.
- Lift the agitator out of the washer and place it on the ground.
- Place both feet on the agitator to support it. Pull the shaft off of the agitator.
- Tip the shaft of the agitator upside down and remove the cam.
- Insert the cam into the new agitator shaft. Align the slots in the top of the agitator with the tabs in the base and snap the new shaft onto the agitator.
- Insert the agitator into the washer and secure using the agitator bolt.
- Replace the agitator cap and dispenser cup.
- Plug the washer back into the wall outlet.
How to Replace the Agitator Shaft on a GE Hydrowave Washing Machine
General Electric Hydrowave washing machines were introduced in 2006. The Hydrowave technology changes the way that the washer's agitator rotates, relying on a shaft and tube instead of a traditional transmission. Like older models, Hydrowave washing machines still rely on an agitator that is located in the center of the wash tub. The agitator rotates, which moves the water, soap and garments located inside of the washing machine around. If the agitator breaks or cracks, the contents of the wash tub may not be adequately moved, resulting in an inferior wash. To restore your washing machine to normal working order, replace the agitator.
- How to Remove the Drum From a Maytag Washing Machine
- How to Calculate Air Conditioning Tonnage & Wattage
- How to Take Apart a KitchenAid Washer
- How to Remove Fungus From the Rubber Seal on a Washer
- How to Remove Dishwasher Stains
- How to Remove Marking Pen Ink Stains From Fabric
- How to Remove a Panel on a Kenmore Series 80 Electric Dryer
- How to Remove Peanut Butter From Clothing
- How to Remove the Dishwasher Spray Arm in a GE Triton XL
- How to Fix a Squeaky Frigidaire Stacked Washer and Dryer
- How to Repair a Washing Machine That Is Not Spinning Properly
- How to Remove Rust Stains From a Shirt
- How to Install a Whirlpool Oven Door
- Wonder Washer Instructions