- Cover any furniture that is beneath the light with plastic to protect it. You may also wish to cover the floor directly under the lights, especially if it is made from material that will be ruined by soapy water.
- Position a ladder under the light if it is too high to reach.
- Fill a bucket with water and about a teaspoon of mild soap. Place a rag or cloth into the bucket and wring excess water out.
- Wipe the tube lights. Use a soft cloth to dry them thoroughly.
Things You Will Need
- Mild soap
- Dry soft cloth
- Ladder, if needed
- Be sure to use a gentle touch when cleaning the lights. Since they are made out of thin glass, they are highly fragile.
- Liquid dish detergent is ideal for use as soap. It not only is very gentle, but it cuts through grease very efficiently.