- Sprinkle baking soda inside the clogs. Allow it to sit inside for at least two hours.
- Wet the toothbrush. Scrub the inside of the shoe with the toothbrush and baking soda.
- Rinse out the brush.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the outside of the shoe. Scrub the outside and sole with the wet toothbrush.
- If you are cleaning dancing clogs, do not clean the metal with the baking soda. Wipe the metal parts down with water and a rag.
- Rinse off the outside and inside of the shoe. Leave them out to dry. It may take a couple of days for the shoes to dry completely.
How to Wash Clogs
Clogs, casual or dance, get dirty and smelly like any other shoe. Use baking soda to clean the shoes and remove smells. Baking soda removes dirt and stains without damaging the surface or the shoe or causing discoloration. It will absorb odors from the inside of the shoe. This process works for any type or make of clog. After you clean your clogs, if there is a still an odor problem, leave some baking soda inside for a day.