How to Remove the Lower Arm Assembly on a Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher
When you need to clean the lower spray arm or work on the pump of your Kenmore Ultra wash dishwasher, you will need to remove the lower arm from the dishwasher. Frigidaire manufactures the Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher. The lower arm will remove without the use of any hand tools. The spray arm will not unscrew from the pump like normal due to the fact that the securing thread is a left-hand thread.
Turn off the circuit breaker to the dishwasher inside the home electrical panel. It is a good practice to cut off the power to an appliance you are working on even when you are not working with the electrical components directly.
Open up the Kenmore dishwasher door and remove the lower dish rack from the dishwasher.
Locate the plastic tabs on the bottom of the lower spray arm where the arm connects to the pump shaft. Some will have a bolt or plastic knob on the top of the spray arm. Pull the tabs out and lift up on the spray arm. For those with knobs or bolt heads, hold the knob or bolt head and lift up on the spray arm.
Turn the spray arm clockwise to remove the arm from the pump shaft.
Things You Will Need
- Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher
- Always disconnect power from appliances before attempting repairs.
- How to Change a Filter on a Maytag Jetclean Dishwasher
- How to Remove the Dishwasher Spray Arm in a GE Triton XL
- How to Open the Control Panel on a Whirlpool Washer
- How to Remove the Lower Spray Arm in Hotpoint Dishwashers
- How to Remove Bottom Drain Screen From Roper Dishwasher
- How to Replace the Float Switch Assembly on a Bosch Dishwasher