- Select metal coffee cans with sturdy lids. If the lid is loose or cracked, it will not make a suitable ice cream maker.
- Wash the coffee cans and lids with soap and water. Rinse and dry.
- Combine 2 cups of evaporated milk, 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 tsp. of vanilla in the 1-lb. coffee can, or use your own recipe or add a little fruit or nuts to the recipe.
- Place a lid snugly on the 1-lb. coffee can.
- Set the 1-lb. coffee can in the center of the 3-lb. coffee can.
- Pack the larger can with crushed ice, surrounding the smaller can with the ice.
- Cover the top of the ice evenly with 3/4 cup of rock salt or ice cream salt.
- Place a lid snugly on the 3-lb. coffee can.
- Roll the can from one person to another, such as across a table or on a flat concrete surface, for 10 minutes. Allow the youngsters to do this, instead of hand cranking. Don't turn the game into kick the can, which can knock off the lids, thus spilling the ice cream mixture and salt.
- Open the can and carefully remove the smaller can. Be careful not to get salt into the smaller container.
- Stir the ice cream mixture thoroughly. Replace the lid, and repack the smaller can into the larger can, adding crushed ice and more salt.
- Place the lid on the larger can and roll for five more minutes to finish the ice cream.
How to Make a Homemade Ice Cream Machine Maker
There has always been something magical about making homemade ice cream. While there are electric ice cream makers and advanced ice cream makers that don't require rock salt, old-fashioned hand-crank ice cream makers are still on the market. For youngsters, part of the charm in making ice cream is actively participating in the process. Make your own ice cream maker, using two metal coffee cans. Instead of cranking, the youngsters will be rolling the ice cream maker.
Things You Will Need
- How to Clean Lime From Coffee Pots
- How to Clean Coffee Mugs
- Deni Food Dehydrator 7100 Instructions
- Adjusting Whirlpool Modular Ice Makers
- How to Move Lawn Sod
- Keurig B40 Elite Instructions
- How to Clean a Gevalia Coffee Maker
- How to Juice Frozen Grapes
- How to Use an Ice Cream Maker this Summer
- Directions for Black & Decker Brew & Go
- How to Store China Dishes
- How to Get Rid of Blackbirds From Bird Feeders
- How to Crush an Aluminum Can
- How to Build a Smoker Fire Pit