How to Remove the Front Cover From a Maytag Neptune Dryer
Owners of Maytag Neptune dryers may need to know how to remove the front cover in order to access parts for repair and testing. Unlike most dryer models, the Neptune door switch does not need to be removed from the front cover. The front cover is secured by four screws and four retaining clips.
Unplug the Maytag Neptune dryer from the dryer wall outlet.
Open the dryer door and locate the four retaining screws on the inside lip of the door opening. Remove the four retaining screws with a Phillips-head screwdriver. These screws secure the front panel to the front shroud assembly of the dryer. Close the dryer door after the screws are removed.
Grasp the top of the front cover on each side with your hands. Pull the front panel away from the dryer cabinet, disconnecting it from the retaining pins.
Lift up on the front cover to release it from the retaining clips on the base of the dryer. Set the front panel out of your way.
Things You Will Need
- Phillips-head screwdriver
- Always disconnect appliances from power source before attempting any repairs.
- How to Remove the Housing on a PYE2300AYW Maytag Electric Dryer Lint Filter
- How to Mount the Ceiling Fan Base
- How to Remove the Washing Machine Cover on a Kenmore Elite
- How to Unlock Door the Door on a GE Washer Model WBVH5100HWW
- How to Use WD-40 to Wash a Shower Door
- How to Prepare Marine Plywood for a Boat Deck