How to Clean Footprints on Laminate Floor
Laminate flooring is an affordable alternative to hardwood, as it closely resembles wood flooring yet costs only a fraction of the price. The flooring is also easy to maintain, as it is finished with a polyurethane protective layer that not only protects the laminate, but also leaves the floor with a glossy shine. When footprints are left on the floor, you need to remove them to keep your floor looking clean and presentable.
- Mist a soft cleaning cloth with window cleaner, and wipe over the footprint marks. This works best when there are just a few footprint marks that need cleaning.
- Fill a bucket with warm water and your basic laminate floor cleaner. This should be done for flooring that has a large amount of footprints, requiring the entire floor to be cleaned.
- Dip a mop into the bucket, and wring out as much excess cleaning solution as possible. Using too much water will damage the laminate.
- Wipe the slightly damp mop over the footprints, cleaning the entire floor until all marks are removed.
- Allow the floor to air dry.