- Minimize door openings if the temperature of the Jenn-Air refrigerator is too warm or you see moisture. Allow a few hours for the refrigerator to return to normal temperature when adding a large load of food. Try resetting the refrigerator--turn the fridge off, and then on again with the digital controls.
- Place food in airtight, moisture proof packaging when storing food because smells can permeate the ice. Off-tasting ice problems can also be reduced by washing the ice bin from time to time. Discard the ice in the bin and wash the bin itself with warm, soapy water. Rinse it thoroughly. Replace the water filter if there is one.
- Vibration and noise can be reduced by ensuring the refrigerator is level. Newer refrigerators do make noise, though a lot less than older models. Buzzing, pulsating, sizzling and gurgling sounds are all normal. Buzzing is related to the ice maker; pulsating is related to the fan and compressor; and sizzling and gurgling is water dripping on the heater during defrost cycles.
- Keep the doors closed if the motor runs too much. Newer refrigerators run more than older ones. This is due to high-efficiency compressor and fan activity.
How to Troubleshoot a Jenn Air Refrigerator
Jenn-Air has 24 refrigerators to choose from. Many of them can be fully integrated into the kitchen with flush, built-in design. Panel kits can be used to style the front of the refrigerator. Troubleshooting Jenn-Air refrigerators tends to be related to poor cooling, odor and taste in ice, moisture buildup, and noise, including the motor running too much.
- How to Know When Your Refrigerator Is Bad
- How Do I Stop the Back of My Refrigerator From Freezing?
- Why Is There Frost in My Frost-Free Refrigerator?
- Why the Freezer Works But Not the Refrigerator
- Whirlpool Refrigerator Problems
- How to Run a Refrigerator Without a Defrost Timer
- The Freezer Fan Is Not Working on My Side by Side Samsung Refrigerator & Freezer
- Refrigerator Freezer Fan Will Not Shut Off
- What Can I Lay on Freezer Shelves to Keep Them From Icing Up?
- How to Grease the Refrigerator Freezer Fan
- How do I Troubleshoot Norcold 838EG2 Refrigerators?
- How to Force Frigidaire Freezers Into Auto Defrost Mode
- Signs of Compressor Damage in a Freezer
- How to Install a Refrigerator's Crisper Drawer