How Do you Clean Cloudy Glass Dishes?
Your older glass dishes may develop a cloudy film that almost makes them look dirty and unusable. To remove this cloudiness and restore the glass to its natural, intended crystal-clear appearance, use a strong cleaner that removes all of that unattractive cloudy residue. This can be done with one inexpensive ingredient.
- Microwave enough vinegar to submerge the glass dishes. Check the vinegar after about one minute of microwaving, and pour the vinegar into a large basin when the vinegar is hot, but still able to be touched.
- Place the glassware into the basin, and let soak for one hour.
- Scrub the dishes with a nylon sponge with scrubber to remove the loosened residue.
- Rinse the dishes under hot water to remove the vinegar.
- Dry the dishes with a clean dish towel to prevent new film from forming.