How do I Dismount a Black and Decker SpaceMaker Coffeemaker ODC440B?
Spacemaker appliances are mounted under a kitchen cupboard. Counter space is usually at a premium and this concept has long been popular. Black and Decker has recalled its Black and Decker SpaceMaker Coffeemaker ODC440B due to a defective brew basket. They are offering free replacement baskets.
- Unplug the unit from the wall. Turn the coffeemaker on to ensure that it is no longer connected to a power source. If any lights come on the power is not off.
- Open the cabinet door above the coffeemaker and look for four screws on the bottom shelf that are near the four corners of the coffeemaker.
- Unscrew the front right and rear left screws and remove them from the cabinet.
- Place your hand under the coffeemaker and push up on it to keep it from falling. Remove the remaining two screws and gently lower the unit to the counter top.
- Visit Black and Decker's recall website (see the References section) and register for a free replacement brew basket.
Things You Will Need
- Phillips screwdriver
- Remove the coffee carafe before removing the retaining screws.
- Hold the bottom of the unit carefully. The unit is heavy and can slip out of your hands.
- According to the manufacturer's website, the brew basket on this unit can shift out of alignment permitting hot water to flow. Do not use this coffeemaker until you receive a replacement brew basket.