How do I Dismount a Black and Decker SpaceMaker Coffeemaker ODC440B?
Spacemaker appliances are mounted under a kitchen cupboard. Counter space is usually at a premium and this concept has long been popular. Black and Decker has recalled its Black and Decker SpaceMaker Coffeemaker ODC440B due to a defective brew basket. They are offering free replacement baskets.
Unplug the unit from the wall. Turn the coffeemaker on to ensure that it is no longer connected to a power source. If any lights come on the power is not off.
Open the cabinet door above the coffeemaker and look for four screws on the bottom shelf that are near the four corners of the coffeemaker.
Unscrew the front right and rear left screws and remove them from the cabinet.
Place your hand under the coffeemaker and push up on it to keep it from falling. Remove the remaining two screws and gently lower the unit to the counter top.
Visit Black and Decker's recall website (see the References section) and register for a free replacement brew basket.
Things You Will Need
- Phillips screwdriver
- Remove the coffee carafe before removing the retaining screws.
- Hold the bottom of the unit carefully. The unit is heavy and can slip out of your hands.
- According to the manufacturer's website, the brew basket on this unit can shift out of alignment permitting hot water to flow. Do not use this coffeemaker until you receive a replacement brew basket.
- How to Remove the Lower Spray Arm in Hotpoint Dishwashers
- How to Remove a Panasonic Genius Microwave From a Wall Bracket
- How to Remove the Front Cover on a Maytag Atlantis
- How to Replace a Whirlpool Dishwasher Soap Dispenser
- How to Clean a Nelson Bubble Lamp
- How to Remove the Cover From a Sunbeam Mixmaster Mixer Model 2366