Clean the Floor
- Sweep the floor to remove any dirt or debris.
- Combine 4 cups water and 4 cups vinegar in a plastic bucket.
- Dip a mop into the bucket. Wring out the mop so it's moist, not soaking wet. Mop the entire floor and allow to dry.
Refinish the Floor
- Apply a layer of water-based self-polishing floor wax with a sponge or mop. This was can be found at many hardware or janitorial supply stores.
- Allow the first layer to dry for 10 to 30 minutes.
- Apply a second layer of the floor wax. A third layer can be applied, if desired. Repeat this process once a year or as needed.
Things You Will Need
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups vinegar
- Plastic bucket
- Water-based self-polishing floor wax
- Avoid using traditional floor wax; it can damage the floor.